Peer Mediation Facilitator
Safety With Dignity
PEER-MEDIATION TRAINING PROGRAM
for HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
ASSISTANT FACILITATORS for PEER-MEDIATION TRAININGS
- assist Mediation Trainer in one or two 20-hour peer-mediation trainings of high school students;
- training will occur in 4-6 hour module during the school day;
- 2 year commitment preferred to part-time work in Bronx & Harlem high schools
- pay TBD based on experience.
- Experience and interest in work with young people;
- Demonstrated interest in alternatives to violence;
- A BA in a related field;
- A certified mediator or participation in 20 hours training to become a certified mediator;
- A schedule that can accommodate 4-6 hours work each week during the school day;
- Patience and creativity in responding to the demands of a complex, school structure and a community of staff under pressure;
- Full participation in on-the-job training, supervision, and weekly staff meeting.
- Media Arts skills and/or organizing experience
- Bi-lingual in two NYC languages a plus.
Send resume, with telephone contact information, and cover letter explaining why you are interested
in this position. Send to email@example.com or fax to 718-882-2454.