Dare to Revitalize Education thru Arts & Mediation, DREAM!, dares to revitalize education thru media arts, mediation and restorative practice. We arm young people with practical skills to dismantle the school to prison pipeline, support student engagement with learning and academic success, and encourage the creative confidence of young leaders.
DREAM! helps students and teachers grow their schools into communities where people value diversity, live and work together with respect, and have skills to resolve conflict without violence.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Overall responsibility for data entry into accounting system (General Ledger) and integrity of accounting system data
- Reviews check request and invoice packets for accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation
- Processes invoices in General Ledger and prints checks for signature by Executive Director
- Enters payroll data and submits to Executive Director for approval. Submits payroll after receiving approval.
- Records deposits in General Ledger
- Updates cash flow projections based on historical data and input from Executive Director on future expenses and revenue
- Processes all inter-account bank transfers subsequent to Executive Director authorization
- Processes all electronic transfers out of bank accounts subsequent to Executive Director authorization
- Reconciles all bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Reconciles Metrocard usage, petty/cash advances, and other cash equivalents monthly
- Collects information from Executive Director regarding invoices. Generates invoices, and submits to Executive Director for approval. Releases invoices once approval has been granted by Executive Director
- Prepares monthly budget variance reports
- Prepares financials for grant reports as needed
- Periodically releases temporarily restricted funds (consistent with GAAP principles)
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous nonprofit Bookkeeper experience.
- Must be proficient in Google Docs.
- Must have knowledge of Quickbooks
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Able to complete tasks accurately and timely.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Application Instructions
E-mail to ANorris@dare2dreambx.org:
- a resume,
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position, &
- contact info for 3 references.
Please apply by 1/26/2018. Position will remain open until filled.
Intended start date: February 1 2018. Please note that due to the volume of applicants, we can only respond to those applicants we are interested in possibly hiring.